Recipes * Critters * Garden * Stories *

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Twenty SixTeen

I am off for a week or more on vacation, which means lots of time to check out the blogs. I have not done a good job of giving myself the treat of leisure blogging.  Lots has been going on.

I started a cooking and healthy eating blog in January and it's too much to keep up with both and work for a living, so I am combining them. You'll see a bunch of posts that were originally written Jan - April.

I will TRY to steer completely clear of politics, with this a rabid campaign, but it's only a try.

Here's a little preview of what was going on. I've missed this.  n

 The Hubs had a remarkable recovery from OHS in January

 Townhouse made from 114 years of siding scraps from the Homestead (March)

 Brother Dave passed away (February)
 
 A flock of Canadian Geese spent a week with us in February
 
Owl box put in in November; Barn Owl couple discovered it in March
This is Mama Owl (Alba)
 
Daddy Barn Owl (Tyto)
 
 
The Offspring (Hoot & Holler) - early May
 
 
Growing Fast - mid May
 
 Growing REALLY fast - end of May
 
 The front yard 5,000 sqft of grass is gone
Now begins the environmental design to become a butterfly/hummingbird/bee Way Station
 
 Mosquito Repellent is ready